Thursday, May 19, 2011

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Complicated? No.   Beautiful? To me.

One thing I know and that's design. I was an interior designer as soon as I was old enough to move the furniture around in my room. Just ask my mom how many bedroom layouts are possible in 10 x 10 room. A lot. I even decided to forgo the bed and just put the mattress and box spring on the floor. Bohemian style, before I even knew what that meant. 

So even as I start fresh with a new media, I feel I have an understanding of form, light, color and texture that I can rely on when looking for subject matter. I am constantly drawn to flowers and the variety they all have as it relates to these four elements. I know it's not the most innovative subject, let's face it, we have been photographing flowers for years, but it's what I love and shouldn't that be enough?



No comments:

Post a Comment