Sunday, September 6, 2009

Farmer's Market

In our hometown, like a lot of others, we have a farmer's market on Saturdays.  I take the kids as often as I can so they can see where our seasonal vegetables come from. I would love to have a garden and sell what we grow at the market someday.  Another item for my list



I thought it would be a great idea for Lia to practice taking pictures while we were here. I explained a few things like context and color and groupings. I'm not sure she was really listening..."okay, okay mom, just give me the camera." But I was pleasantly surprised by her photos. Not bad for an 8 year old.

This is the first of what I'm sure will be a bumper crop of large pumpkins. We are all planning our designs now for our annual Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest. My brother Doug is the one to beat.

Sweet Dumpling pumpkins in a basket.

We can never leave without buying a bouquet of sunflowers. Really, never. These will be growing in my garden next year, I am positive about that.

Dominic is "in love" with watermelon. When he loves something he always says he wants to "marry it". I can see his wedding pictures now {laughing}.

Those are the biggest hot peppers I've seen. I would love to make some salsa with those. 

If you are interested in having your kids try photography, I found a great blog that talks about Kids + Cameras from daisy yellow. She is really fantastic and I will be using a lot of her great ideas on here with my kids, so keep an eye out for these wonderful projects. 

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment